Friday, October 19, 2012

NYC - Day 4

Jodi and I had a slow morning getting ready while JP was off to a breakfast meeting. By the time JP got back to the hotel late morning, Jodi and I were ready to head out with him for a day of exploring!

We headed to the Chelsea area for JP to visit some coffee spots, a stroll through the indoor Chelsea Market and a fun place for Jodi to go to which I had to book online.

Jodi's (and my) favorite shop at the Chelsea Market was Eleni's...cupcakes and cookies galore!

We got caught in a bit of a drizzle after leaving the market and JP spotted an amazing restaurant where we went for lunch. The food was soooo delicious!

I pre-booked a playtime for Jodi at City Treehouse. The interactive water play area was amazing and Jodi had an absolute blast. They only allow a limited number of kids in the play area at one time, hence having to book a slot. We'll definitely be visiting City Treehouse again next time we're in NYC.

We then stopped at a famous NYC bookshop to stock up on Jodi's reading supply.

We headed to the Flatiron district on foot to have dinner at the Shake Shack! I am a sucker for anything custardy... and their vanilla shakes are like thick, milkshakey, custardy, awesomeness. We first snapped some photos in front of the famous Flatiron building and then headed to the Shake Shack in Madison Square Park.
On our 2011 NYC trip we went to three of their five Manhattan locations (I obviously consumed a few milkshakes and delish burgers on our last trip), but on this trip we just went once, and to their best location.
oh. my. yumminess.
We took a stroll back to our hotel, stopping at Stumptown coffee shop on our way. I'm going to get JP to do a blog entry on all the coffee shops we visited as he is the connoisseur, so keep a look out for that. We had such a great day and it was lovely having JP join in on the days' activities. One more full day left in NYC and lots of fun on the agenda!

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I WISH I could make cookies that turned out like that!
      Missing you and Arianna, hope you have a SUPER weekend xxx

      Delete
  2. I am so addicted to your NYC series! It makes me want to go and do everything you guys did!

    ReplyDelete