So as I mentioned before, JP has to work for the first 3 and half days while we are here in New York City, so Jodi and I had to plan some fun things to do and see to keep us busy on the big, bustling island of Manhattan.
![]() |
| Excited and ready for a day of fun! |
So, Day 1 started with breakfast at a super fun diner on Broadway called Stardust Diner (thanks Taz for telling me to check it out!). Our waitress came up to us and as I wasn't quite ready to order, I asked for a few more minutes to decide... the next minute, our waitress was standing on a table belting out a love song like she was on American Idol! Stardust Diner is considered a breeding ground for singers who make it on Broadway. We were told while at the Diner that last year alone, eighteen of the singing waitresses/waiters went on to successful careers on Broadway theatre.
![]() |
| Pancakes and live show for breakfast |
I mentioned before that I wanted to get as many photos of Jodi doing activities from her NYC book as possible.... some of them I cheated a bit though... eg. didn't quite get to see the Statue of Liberty, but we saw a Lego version and also a living statue mime in the park (...close enough), and also, we did visit a zoo, but it wasn't the Bronx Zoo, it was the much smaller Central Park Zoo.
After brekkie, we headed on to Central Park Zoo to meet up with a friend who used to live in Cayman. Kacy and I met on island almost 5 years ago and she left to live in New York about three years ago, so it was wonderful catching up with her and spending some time together. Apart from seeing all the animals at the zoo, we also had passes to see Dora & Diego's 4d Adventure at the zoo's little 4D theatre and I was sooo impressed! The show was only about 8 minutes long but I LOVED it! 4D is amazing! We also went to the petting zoo and spent some time feeding sheep, ducks, alpaca and goats.
![]() |
| Looking for squirrels while we wait for Kacy |
| Anyone seen Madagascar 3? Here's the Central Park Zoo musical clock |
![]() |
| Sea Lions |
![]() |
| Petting Zoo |
After the zoo, the three of us walked down 5th Avenue, past all the expensive designer stores (and stopping in at the Lindt store for some treats of course) to Rockefeller Center where Kacy bought us some lunch at Starbucks (and some yummy vanilla scone thingies which were delish with my hazelnut latte!).
Kacy, thank you so much for coming into the city to see us, it was great to spend some time with you and I'm so glad that you got to meet my little girl =)
We said goodbye to Kacy and then carried on walking south to our hotel on 34th Street. A wonderful first day in NYC for Jodi and I.










What a great idea! You're a wonderful mom. :)
ReplyDelete