Thursday, October 18, 2012

NYC - Day 3

I had planned to take Jodi to Alice's Tea Cup for breakfast. I called to find out whether I should make a reservation (as suggested on their website) and was told that I didn't need to make one if I was going to be there in half an hour.... When we arrived (half an hour later), I was told that there was at least a half hour wait, hmmph! 

Jodi and I hadn't eaten anything yet and I didn't want Jodi to have to wait until 10am (or later) to have breakfast, so we carried on walking north on Amsterdam Avenue towards the Upper West Side and found a cute little bakery / breakfast spot called Sugar & Plumm where we stopped for some delicious brekkie! 



Our next stop was the Children's Museum of Manhattan
Firefighter Jodi
Story Time
One of the exhibits they had while we were there was "Adventures with Dora & Diego". Dora the Explorer is Jodi's favourite TV show (and celebrity), and it helps that she is learning a little Spanish while watching it as that will be her second language once she starts school! The exhibit was loads of fun for Jodi, but I had expected more after reading the blurb about it on the CMOM website and was a bit disappointed. It was more of a huge Dora & Diego playroom, and a lot of the gadgets with sounds weren't working properly. Jodi didn't notice any of that though and had a wonderfully fun time =) 
Dora's House
Using Dora's phone to call Boots, Tico, Isa, Benny.... and Swiper
Diego's Animal Rescue Centre

Another one of Jodi's pages in her NYC book is of the fluttering flags at the United Nations.... We didn't quite make it to the UN Building, but we were passing Rockefeller Centre and saw all of the fluttering flags ....which is what we normally focus on when reading that page in her book anyway. Jodi usually names all the kids (after her friends) and then counts the flags.
A tired Jodi with her flags
We also saw, and of course heard (noisy place), many Fire Engines and Police.

We met JP back at the hotel mid afternoon and the three of us headed to Williamsburg in Brooklyn. It was Jodi's first time on the Subway, here she is helping JP get our tickets to Bedford Avenue, Williamsburg.
JP did some restaurant (and coffee shop) research online before coming to NY. We already knew the Shake Shack was one of our favourites, but he also found this great Pizza place in Bedford Avenue called Fornino. The wood-fired pizzas were delish!!

3 comments:

  1. SOOO much fun! I'm glad you had a wonderful trip. Can't wait to hear about the rest of it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Plan on doing day 4 today.... while Jodi has her 1hr downtime =)

      Delete
  2. I can see Jodi had loads of fun, love the pics. x x x

    ReplyDelete