We really enjoy spending time together as a family at Camana Bay. When we first moved to the island there were only about two shops open (a book shop and a coffee shop) and the Cinema (the only cinema on island). Now, there are about 20 shops, 3 restaurants and 4 coffee/dessert shops.
Now that I'm a SAHM, Jodi and I spend a lot of time there too, having coffee with friends or just relaxing in the shade on the lawns. You can climb the stairs up the observation tower (or take the lift if you have a pram...or aren't feeling too energetic) and get a view of pretty much the whole island from up there! There are beautiful mosaics all the way up the tower... you would have seen a photo of them in a previous post with my folks posing on the stairs.
![]() |
| Camana Bay |
There are many lovely areas outside to sit and enjoy the shade of the palm trees and the fresh air. There are also always activities going on there, live music outside on the pedestrian walk and the weekly farmers market as well as weekly children's storytime on Wednesdays.
There are two wonderful fountains too. The fountain in my video is the bigger of the two and the older kids love running about in it... the other fountain is much smaller and is for the toddlers.
![]() |
| Toddler and Little Kids Fountain |
![]() |
| Little Kids Fountain at night |
I came across a great site and video clip about Camana Bay.... I couldn't believe when I started watching when I heard the narrator... he's South African! hahaha
Check it out here: Cayman Islands & Camana Bay




No comments:
Post a Comment