So there was a bit of an invasion of gastroenteritis on the island.... Government even issued a health warning as the number of people (mostly kids under five) admitted to the hospital shot up. Four of the six little ones in our Tuesday play group had it and most other tots I know on island too! Not Fun.
Having your little princess lose her sparkle and watching her having to deal with vomiting is tough... and it was tough on JP and I too having to deal with the cleaning up and lack of sleep!
Jodi wouldn't even keep water down, so after a violent vomiting session at 3 in morning, I set my alarm to go off every 10 minutes and I would give Jodi a teaspoon of paedialyte or water. It was a long night. Luckily for me, JP and I took turns and sat outside with her for a bit in the cool night air.
![]() |
| Sitting outside to cool off..... 4am |

Seeing these photos took me back to when Grace had Rotavirus. It really is terrible to see your baby so sick and very tough on the parents too. Well done for getting through it and I am sure Jodi has all her sparkle back.
ReplyDeleteOh shame, poor Gracie
DeleteIt's so sad when they're so sick...
I am grateful every day that we have a strong, happy, healthy baby girl!