Monday, December 9, 2013

Pajama Day & Crafts

Today was Pajama Day for the PreK3 classes. On top of that, I went in to Jodi's class this morning to do a craft with the kids and read a story.


 
It's all wonderfully festive leading up to Christmas. Mrs Anna, Jodi's teacher, asked if any of the parents would be interested in coming in to the class in the morning to either do a craft, read a story or both. Many of the parents signed up and my day fell on Pajama Day! 
Naturally, I took my Mickey Mouse PJ pants and slippers with me and slipped them on to join in with the kids dress theme for the day! Jodi had a playdate with Tilly yesterday and Tilly gave her a Christmas prezzie! Can you believe that the gift (which we let her open) was a set of cute Minnie Mouse pajamas!! Obviously Marty and Holly (Tilly's folks) had no idea Jodi was having a pajama day! Jodi was SOOOOO excited to wear them to school today!

I chose to make little angels out of toilet paper rolls with the kids! I can't imagine being a PreK (PreSchool) teacher and all the work that must be involved in everyday activities! I painted 16 empty toilet rolls, cut out circles for the faces and cut a bunch of doily's and craft pipe cleaners in half and it took me quite a while and that was only one activity! Big respect to all nursery / primary school teachers out there!
 



Jodi's teacher often takes snapshots of the kids playing at break time, in the classroom and of special visitors (like me) and then posts them onto her shutterfly account that us parents all have access to. It's great getting to have a peek at Jodi's goings on at school while we're not around =)



No comments:

Post a Comment