Sunday, April 28, 2013

Quiet Time

Jodi often listens to the music from her Kindermusik class during her 1 hour afternoon quiet time in her room. The two of us decided to make one of the crafts they recommend on the Kindermusiek website to go with the song "Mr Golden Sun". Very quick and easy to make, and Jodi loves bringing it out every time the song comes on. 

I also took a couple of snapshots from my computer screen of the IP Camera (spycam) images during her quiet time. 

Here she is reading in her bed. You can see the baby gate I have up at her door. I bought a cute little egg timer which I set for 1 hour and put it up on the shelf next to the camera. She is always so excited when it goes off and calls me to remove the gate for her. I've asked her to only call me during her quiet time if she needs to go to the loo or if it's a medical emergency (i.e. if her nose is running and I need to wipe it for her =)).  She never argues about going into her quiet time and seems to really enjoy it ... and the freedom to make a huge mess of toys and books.


Here she is playing with her dolly and enjoying listening to her music (you can see the speaker on her bookshelf). Her quiet time is not always that quiet. Sometimes she plays her drums along to the music, with a lot of enthusiasm. I often spy on her performance from my computer, it's very cute to watch.


No comments:

Post a Comment