Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentines Day Fun with Jodi

OK, so I LOVE Pinterest.  

I love scrolling through the "popular" category and pinning to my hearts content... but I'm not all that good at actually going ahead and doing/making the stuff I pin.  I have attempted a few things here and there, but more often than not, things don't always tend to turn out as wonderfully beautiful as they appear on Pinterest. Here's an example of someone trying to make something awesome they've seen on Pinterest, but has unfortunately ended up in the "pinterest fail" pile. Funny.


A friend of mine, Tanya, arranged a Valentines Party for the kids today and I thought I'd make some cute little valentine inspired goodies for Jodi's friends. I looked on...wait for it.... yes, Pinterest and found these cute little handstitched felt pillow type heart things.

I was rather happy with the end product =) Here is my handiwork! I put three little choccies and a note from Jodi inside. 

Centre Pics - Maddie and Baby Finn, our little hosts

4 comments:

  1. That looks like so much fun! Sad that we missed it! :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got so excited that someone commented on my blog and then when I saw it was you I was like YAY, KATIE!!! We missed you too and wish you and Arianna could have been there xxx

      Delete
  2. Lisa, I'm really impressed that you attempted to make cookie monster cupcakes and even more impressed that you shared the pics with us ;) Even although they "flopped". Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, thanks Li, but I didn't actually make them.... I found that photo on Pinterest! I'm pretty sure that my attempt would come out even worse than that and I don't think I would be brave enough to put it on my blog!

      Delete