I started doing baby sign with Jodi when she was about 7 months old and she did her first sign at 9 months. In the attached video Jodi is 9.5 months old and signs both "more" and "milk" =)
I'm so glad that we decided to do baby sign with her, and even though I didn't buy the DVD's / Books on Baby Sign, I just picked a bunch that I thought would help her communicate with me before she was verbally able to do so ... and also signs that would make both her life, and mine, a little bit easier =)
Here are some of the signs I did with her:
milk
water
juice
hot
more
all done
up
down
sore
where
tired / sleepy
elephant
airplane
I can't think of any others right now, but if I do I will add them to the above list.
How often did "elephant" come in handy?! :)
ReplyDeleteYou'd be surprised! =)
ReplyDelete